Job description: Technical Content Director
Interested? Send your resume to Geoffrey Forman, VP of Marketing at Lectrix, at email@example.com.
The Technical Content Director is a new senior management role in our growing organization. You will be a member of the Lectrix marketing and production department, reporting to the VP of Marketing, and you’ll be helping it evolve.
What you’ll do
In our media group, you will:
- Lead all aspects of the company’s technical content operations in both its media division and its marketing services division.
- Oversee our publications (Interference Technology, Electronics Cooling) and events (EMC Live, Thermal Live) including content planning, acquisition, and content creation.
- Represent our media brands at industry events and act as host of our multiple virtual events as needed.
- Source, edit, and manage content from multiple freelance and contract personnel including Editorial Boards, Advisory Boards, Bloggers, and other Content Contributors. You will also oversee content production.
- Depending upon your technical background, you may also produce some of the technical content for our media brands yourself.
- Stay up to date on B2B electronics industry trends as they relate to our interference and thermal media brands, along with best practices for media brands in technical industries such as how content is best distributed and consumed.
- Be aligned with the Lectrix sales team and help guide and support sales initiatives through sponsored content and industry opportunities.
- Manage media production schedules
In our marketing services group, you will:
- Work with our strategy, production and client management teams, and our clients, to help to define and produce the technical content that is needed by our electronics engineering clients
- Network and source authors and subject matter experts to produce the technical and business content for e.g., whitepapers, articles, blogs, videos, and case studies
- Manage the technical content production process including briefs, outlines, editing and final approvals.
- Depending upon your technical background, you may also produce some of the technical content for our marketing services clients yourself.
- Assist in other projects as needed.
- At least 10 years’ combined experience in a hands-on electronics engineering discipline and a content creation or planning role.
- 5 years’ experience writing effective short- and long-form copy in electronics engineering.
- Diligent work ethic: must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to set direction and get the job done.
- The ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- People management skills to effectively manage, guide and coach all types of content producers and future employees
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be responsive to quickly-changing production schedules.
- Comfort in a client-facing role. You will need to interact with clients to help sculpt their content.
- Ability to function in an in-person and remote team environment.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint experience (365 a plus)
These are nice:
- Have you managed events?
- Have you ever managed audience development?
- Do you have any graphics or design platform skills? Even better!
- Lectrix is a 4-day work week company and strives for 32-hour weeks, but on occasion it may be necessary to do limited work on Fridays or weekends. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours per week as necessary.
- Flexible work schedule: Fully remote position possible for the right candidate.
Our package of perks can vary, but currently includes the following:
- Company covers 80% of healthcare premium costs (selected packages)
- Professional development events
- Flexible work environment
- Box store membership reimbursement
- Show and event ticket reimbursement
- Frequent team events: BBQs, Hiking, and more
- Family-first company culture (this one will never change!)
Who We Are:
Lectrix (www.lectrixgroup.com) is a triple threat in the electronics engineering industry– equal parts publisher, marketing services agency, and online events host. For over 50 years we’ve been bringing the latest in engineering solutions worldwide from our digital and print publications – Interference Technology and Electronics Cooling, and through our virtual events – EMC Live, Thermal Live, and Engineering the Conversation. Lectrix is also now widely recognized and respected as the leading marketing and strategy partner for over 80 suppliers of electronic components, materials, software, EMS, and instrumentation.
We are a group of about 20 people connected globally. We cultivate an informal business culture by providing a flexible work environment, trust in each person’s individual skills, and some pretty nice (and some unusual) perks. Visit us on LinkedIn!
Do you think you’re the right fit? Send your resume to Geoffrey Forman, VP of Marketing at Lectrix, at firstname.lastname@example.org.